1. Our Commitment to Your Privacy
2. Collecting Information
We may hold the following information about you:
- Name, address, telephone number(s)
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Historical and current health information
- General Practitioner
- Referring Doctor
- Transaction Details associated with services we have provided to you
- Additional information provided to us by you
- Information you have provided to us via client surveys
When we collect personal information from you, we will only collect that information which is necessary. We will advise you for the purpose for which your personal information is collected. However, should you choose not to provide the necessary information, we will advise you on how this may affect your ongoing treatment. We will destroy your data after its legal obligations to retain the information has expired.
3. Disclosing Information
We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
This means that personal information may be disclosed:
- For the purposes for which we have advised that we are collecting it, and for related purposes that you would reasonably expect.
- Where we have the consent by you to do so,
- As required by law, or
- Under other circumstances where permitted under the Act.
In the course of our business activities, we may need to disclose some of your personal information to relevant staff.
4. Unauthorised Disclosure or Access
Suggested text: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, We are committed to protecting your privacy and we will view unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal information by our employees or contractors, as a serious breach of this policy. Appropriate action (which may include disciplinary or legal action) will be taken in such cases.
You may contact Foot and Ankle Care Group to register a request to “opt -out” from receiving any product offers.
6. Access to Personal Information
You may access your personal information upon request by writing to Foot and Ankle Care Group – Privacy Issue . However, we may occasionally need to deny access to information in accordance with the exemptions contained in the Act.
Our goal is to protect the personal information collected by Foot and Ankle Care Group and its associations. Personal information will be managed confidentially and securely and destroyed appropriately when no longer required.
We will monitor and implement appropriate technical advances or management processes, to safeguard personal information.
8. Data Quality
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date, and has been obtained directly from individuals or other reputable sources.